Barry Town United are advertising for the position of U19s Manager.
Accountable to: Academy Director
Location: Jenner Park, Barry, CF62 9BG
Contract type: Part time
What is the role?
This role offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to manage the Barry Town United Academy Development squad who play in the Cymru Premier DVP South League. The squad are based across two locations, two evenings a week at Jenner Park and Leckwith Stadium. You will inspire, educate and develop the players whilst providing support, guidance and professional management to individuals and a squad as a whole. You will combine this with the management of the squad from a tactical and player perspective.
The above will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to contribute to a progressive learning environment, which positively impacts a player’s development and potential to achieve on and off the pitch.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will support the development of academy players in accordance with our Academy Performance Plan (inc. coaching and playing philosophy), providing all players appropriate playing opportunities, in consultation with the Academy Director as well as working closely with first team coaching staff to aid the successful progression of players throughout the club.
You will also have a duty of care to protect the welfare of our players under your supervision by creating an environment that protects them from harm.
- Experience of management and coaching within an academy and football development system
- Track record of identifying and developing talent, as well as monitoring and reporting upon player progress
- Evidence of proactively seeking personal development opportunities
- UEFA A Licence or working towards
- FAW Safeguarding
- Emergency First Aid Award
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Great understanding of effective communication for a wide range of individuals & groups
- A wide range of coaching experience in a 1-on-1, position specific and team environment
What do you get in return?
If you are successful, you can look forward to:
- An opportunity to work for a successful Cymru Premier League Football Club
- Regular accredited CPD opportunities
- Working in an environment with strong core values, providing learning and development opportunities; whilst working with like-minded individuals
- A competitive coaching session rate
If you wish to apply for this role then please email a CV and cover letter highlighting why you feel you are suitable for the position to the email address below:
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th August.