We are Recruiting! Would you like to become a part of our thriving, exciting and extremely professional academy set up? Please find details below of a position that has opened up in the Barry Town United academy.
Title: U8 – Academy Head Coach
Reports to: Academy Director
Based at: Jenner Park
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide a high standard of coaching to the respective age group, educating them in line with the Barry Town academy philosophy and methodology as outlined in the academy coaching plan.
- To assist the U9 Academy Head Coach during game days with player and game day management.
- When able, aid in the scouting of potential academy players for the YDP phase to enhance the quality of players within our academy.
- To assist players to set individual short- and long-term goals to create Individual Action Plans for all players.
- To complete player progress reports on a quarterly basis highlighting area for development.
- Devise and attend at least two player and parent evenings per season for each individual player in their squad to discuss areas for player improvement.
- To develop and maintain a professional relationship with the parents of youngsters in the programme.
- To assess trialists at both training and games and feed back to the Academy Director.
- To identify players available each weekend for matches and communicate any additional player requirements to parents and players at the earliest opportunity.
- If work commitments allow, attend tournaments, trips and tours when requested by the club.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Academy Director & U9 Head Coach to discuss potential player progression combined with highlighting any concerns.
- Complete CPD (Continuous Professional Development) to maintain coaching qualifications with the FAW or FA.
- To work with Head of Coaching in the completion of a personal Coach Development Plan in line with the Barry Town Coach Competency Framework.
- To take responsibility for the care and maintenance of all age group training equipment and playing kit.
- To ensure that all academy players adhere to the Barry Town core values and show a high level of respect and discipline.
- To abide by all club policies and coaches code of conduct including (but not exclusive to) Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety.
Contract Length: All contracts are seasonal contracts based on the start and finish of the Barry Town United AFC Academy season.
Contract start & end date: Pending Recruitment
Qualifications: FAW C Certificate
Experience: Minimum of 3 years leading coaching sessions
Closing date: Friday 31st January 2019
In order to apply for the above position, please send a CV and cover letter highlighting why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for the role of “U8 Head Coach” role at Barry Town United AFC to the below contact.
Position: Academy Director